Lydia Discipleship Ministries
Equipping the church to disciple hurting people
“I Was Expecting Chocolate!”
Dealing with Disappointment
My crushed expectation:
What impact on our relationship with God do these unresolved disappointments have?
Hearing God Whisper
Questions to ask God
- What places of disappointment in my life do I still need to see resolved?
- Would You explain any of the “unexplained” places in my life?
- What parts of my view of You aren’t accurate?
- What does stability look like? Would You bring me into that stability?
- What is Your perspective on _____________ (an issue in your life)?
- Why am I running out of “gas” and can’t seem to keep trusting You?
- How do I keep my responses in this pleasing to You?
- Are my expectations about this situation correct?
- Have I allowed a root of bitterness to grow up over this issue?
- How do I close my ears to the “accuser of the brethren?”
- How can I walk by faith, not by sight in this?
- What can I learn about what You’re like through all this?
- What should my next step be?